Sunday, March 13, 2005

being organised

Yesterday I cleaned the house, I decluttered ready for our swap meet this morning (which was sucessful), I wrote up the kids' schedule for the week including everything I normally leave till the last minute like what are we going to do for dictation today, and I read through all the lessons in their books to have an idea what we are going to cover this week. I wrote a poem up on the whiteboard. I thought of everything. It feels so good.
Of course, its all I did all day, cleaning and organising, but I had fun. And it just feels so good to be organised. Why dont I do it more often? Why do I leave things till the last minute then stress? I am normally semi-organised. And thats ok. But an hour on the weekend saves a lot more than that during the week, I am sure.
Flylady is having a month of getting into the habit of doing 15 minutes of de-cluttering a day. Its really helping me. I love de-cluttering. Mostly I have decluttered the school room and the kids toys this month. Next is my office/computer room.

1 comment:

LH said...

Hi Peela - are you still blogging?