Saturday, September 30, 2006

Holidays!

I havnt felt so relieved to be on holidays for quite a while! I do always like holidays though.
I put the kids through some testing on Friday our last day. I used some recommended books I had read about and I will continue the testing next term. The idea is, if they get 80% or above, they are fine to move ahead. If not, they need to have a look at what they need to go over. Genevieve so far is well over 80% and so is Daniel, although Daniel flunked one page because he is weak on Vocabulary. Jared is between 70 and 80% so far. His weakness seems to be translating what he has learned in Maths into a different context. He has been doing Singapore maths- but these questions looked nothing like Singapore maths questions, and he couldn't do some of them- well, he could have if he couldn have worked out what they were asking.
So, so far so good, the testing is helping me get a better feel for where the kids are at in a particular way. Sometimes homeschooling feels like I am operating in the dark- I just dont know how well my kids are doing- or not.

No comments: