Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Culling

I have decided to not try and do the Plato and Sophocles and Aristophenes etc this term. It feels like it might be the straw that breaks the camel's back. I will wait. I might add them in in another year or two as literature.
I think maybe we would be better served going down to the river and watching all the birds rather than trying to cram our brains with more ancient classical literature. Gotta draw a line somewhere!
I remember being my kids' age. I loved nature. They are not so keen- neither goes off for walks alone like I did at that age- but they are both far more social than I was at their ages. But I also haven't really spent so much time in nature with them- I tend to take my daily walks alone with the dog. We do check out the wildflowers most years and that has been a shared bond as they know many of the names. But that is a short, spectacular season.
So, less Plato and more nature walks!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I think you are making a wise choice. I certainly think there is a time for hitting the books but also a time for getting out for your Green Hour time.

Plato will still be there when you get home. :)

I happened upon your blog and just wanted to let you know I enjoyed visiting.

Barb-Harmony Art Mom