Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Holidays

We are on holidays. Our autumn holidays. And finally the weather has cooled to a decent temperature so that I can go out walking at any time of day, not only just before sunrise!
Genevieve is away up north at Fitzroy Crossing with a selected group of Scouts, having a cultural exchange with aboriginal kids up there. We all miss her terribly. And Vish said she better not come back all grown up! Even Jared has been a bit upset at not having his sister around. I forget sometimes how much he is just used to her presence- she has been around him his whole life.
However tomorrow I am taking him camping- just him and I- to a folk music festival for 3-4 days. We will pick up Gen from the airport on the way home. Vish wonders how i will live without my computer for that long...he is teasing me of course, but actually I don't tend to miss it when I am away from it. I am taking lots of books to read though! And I am glad Jared is a Scout because its been so long since I camped I have probably forgotten how to put up a tent!
I just put the Green Hour on the blog because I really want to make an effort to get outside with the kids more often. The weather is great for it now- summer isn't the best time to be outside around here, other than the beach in the early morning.

No comments: